- This event has passed.
Manitoba Cup #8 Super Sprint and Relay Events
DUE TO DEVELOPING WEATHER CONDITIONS THE EVENTS TODAY HAVE BEEN CANCELLED
Zone4 Link is livehttps://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=31625
Registration closes at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 10th
SUPER SPRINT RACE
- Format: SPRINT ; see table for race distances.
- two shooting bouts, missed targets elicit a penalty loop
- shorter course, biggest targets & rifle rest for developmental (Dev) athletes • youth and adult/masters categories
- interval starts
- Technique: skate
- Bib handout: 10:30am – 11:00am in the yurt
- Course open for pre-ski: ~10:30-10:45am (Athletes are not permitted on the course until Chief of Course has officially announced that the course is open for pre-ski.)
- Coaches & Athletes pre-race meeting: 11:15am – 11:30am at the range
- Rifle Zeroing: 12:00pm – 12:45pm (ammunition provided for Dev athletes); Range closes: 12:45pm • Races begin: 1:00pm
- Cost: $25.00/athlete (includes $5 range improvement fee)
Masters Men & Women 35+ P S 75 m IBU
Ages ( Dec 3 1) Distance Shooting Penalty Shooting Notes
15 sec interval start
Men & Women 21-34 P S 75 m IBU
Dev Men & Women 19+ P P 75 m Prone on standing targets with rest /Coach Shuttle Junior Men & Women (CWG) 19-20 P S 75 m IBU
Youth Men & Women 17-18 P S 75 m IBU
Senior Boys & Girls 15-16 P S 75 m Range procedure for Senior/range shuttle
Dev. Youth Boys & Girls 15-18 P P 75 m Prone on standing targets with rest /Coach Shuttle
Junior Boys & Girls 13-14 P P 75 m Prone targets with sling / Coach Shuttle
Juvenile Boys & Girls 11-12 P P 75 m Prone targets with rest / Coach Shuttle
Dev Boys & Girls 11-14 P P 75 m Prone on standing targets with rest /Coach Shuttle
MIXED RELAY RACE
- Format: MIXED RELAY; see table for race distances.
- Teams to be formed based on Super Sprint results.
- Each team should have at least one male and one female competitor. The third competitor can be male or female. A male must ski the first leg.
- three laps and two shooting bouts per team member; 3 spare rounds per shooting bout; missed targets elicit a penalty loop
- shorter course, biggest targets & rifle rest for developmental (Dev) athletes
- youth and adult/masters categories
- mass start
This content is Public.
• Athletes without their own rifle (Dev athletes) can borrow one for race day for $10.00 extra per day. Ammunition is provided for Dev athletes.
• Mandatory Non Biathlon Canada Members Insurance Fee: $5.00/athlete/race day • Competitors carrying a rifle during competition MUST present a valid Canadian Firearms • Licence (PAL), at bib pick up.
• Awards for top 3 per category per event.
Additional Important Information:
• Volunteers are the heart of any successful event. Please contact ORGANIZER if you wish to volunteer. Or speak to them on race day to help out.
• Fees are non-refundable except in the event of cancellation by Race Organizers. • The Race Jury may modify the race start time, format, course and/or distances due to snow/weather conditions.
• Competitors are responsible for skiing trails and # of loops correctly.
• Competitors are responsible for shooting targets in the correct lane and position, i.e. prone or standing.
Directions to Falcon Lake Ski Area
Once you turn off the #1 Highway into Falcon Lake, take the South Shore Road along the south side of the lake (past the golf course and the lumber yard). We are located right at the end of the road, about a 15 minute drive from the highway.