Coach Development Matrix
Biathlon Manitoba recognizes coaches as an integral part of biathlon in sport development, athlete retention and high performance. We are committed to their support and development.
We want to make coach development as affordable as possible, and make financial aid available for all coaches in need. Contact us for assistance with funding and accessing Sport Manitoba grant resources.
Interested in more coaching workshops and opportunities? Contact us to be included in our mailing list.
NCCP Coach Pathways
National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach pathways are divided into two streams: Community and Competition.
The Community levels are recommended for coaches who train beginner athletes on an irregular basis. The Competition levels are recommended for coaches who work with athletes that train and compete on a regular basis.
All levels will involve at least one sport specific workshop. Workshops will be scheduled when there is enough demand.
NCCP Community Coaching
NCCP Community – Bronze, Silver, Gold
Particpants must complete a 1 day workshop for each level: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Upon completion of a workshop, NCCP certification is granted for the corresponding level. No post course work is required.
- Recommended for individuals interested in coaching athletes new to biathlon.
- Recommended for individuals interested in learning introductory technical skills in biathlon.
NCCP Competition Coaching
NCCP Competition Introduction
Participants must complete two ~2 day workshops. Post course work includes Yearly Training Plan evaluations. Completion of the Community Coaching levels is recommended, but not necessary. More information available here.
- Recommended for provincial development coaches.
- Recommended for coaches interested in furthering coaching experience.
- Necessary for coaching Canadian National Championships.
NCCP Competition Development
Participants must complete a 6 day training workshop, 6 NCCP Multi-sport Training Modules followed by 10 training evaluations ranging from competition tour planning to ski wax preparation. More information available here.
- Prerequisite: Competition Introduction certified.
- Recommended for coaches at Canadian National Championships.
- Necessary for coaching at Canada Winter Games.
- Necessary for Biathlon Canada International Coaching Experience.
NCCP Advanced Coaching Diploma
The Advanced Coaching Diploma is a ~2 year program run through the Canadian Sport Institute. Additional information for the ACD is available on the Coaching Association of Canada website.
- Prerequisite: Competition Development trained.
- Recommended for coaching at Canada Winter Games.
- Recommended for Biathlon Canada International Coaching Experience.
More information on coach related topics is available through the following sites.