Biathlon Manitoba is the Provincial Sport Organization for biathlon in the province of Manitoba. Biathlon is a multi-sport race, combining cross-country skiing with rifle marksmanship.
Incorporated as a non-profit organization, we are a partner of Sport Manitoba, and an affiliate of Biathlon Canada. On behalf of our members, we strive to provide leadership and direction for the development, achievement, and excellence of all athletes.
Our vision for Biathlon Manitoba includes a strong public awareness of the sport of Biathlon and the support services offered to it by our organization. We envision biathlon as a primary sport of choice for Manitobans, with Biathlon Manitoba affiliated clubs established throughout the province. Our ideal is to have athletes pursuing National and International caliber, including World Championship and Olympic events.
- Recognizing that athletes, officials, coaches, volunteers and the community are integral components to successful growth
- Promoting fair play and mutual respect of others
- Supporting competitive excellence
- Supporting equality and accessibility
- Striving to be innovative and action oriented
- Promote a healthy lifestyle through sport
Our mission is to encourage participation and to develop excellence in all aspects of the sport.